Time for the Creative

     I'm back! (maybe)

    I quit my job a year ago. I'm trying to do what makes me happy. Working for over 15 years in corporate America never made me happy.  I wanted to be home with my kiddos and I wanted to be creative.  So here we are a year into being unemployed and a homeschool mom.  It's been a year of hard but rewarding transitions.  

    Homeschooling has been a huge challenge and as with most homeschooling moms I question everyday if I'm doing the right thing for my kids. Usually, the answer is yes so, I continue.  

    Next big hurdle, making an income. That's a hard one for sure.  That one still isn't happening on any regular basis and I'm very grateful to have a partner who makes enough to support us.  

    I'm sure there is some clinically diagnosis for how I behave and I'm sure it has something to do with ADHD so going forward this blog is about all the things I like to do.  Everything I'm interested in.  There won't be a set theme or focus.  Just whatever creative adventure I'm on.  

    Currently I'm into digital art and also creating fun covers for journals and notebooks.  It's what strikes my fancy right now so I'm going to see what happens with it.  I even uploaded some to Amazon. Now I'm working on mockups and loading more notebooks.  Here is a mockup I finished this morning.  My first mockup.  I have some learning to do when it comes to all things related to digital arts.  

    It's a journal/planner for sewing projects.  I found I was writing my ideas on random pages and then losing them.  I wanted to place to keep all those ideas, fabric swatches, design choices, and modifications I might make.  


    I didn't need anything too busy and leaving a blank page allowed for sketching ideas and keeps the journal from getting too stuffed. 

    Next I'll be mocking up some composition notebooks and more journals.  I'm thinking some journals/notebooks for school.  I've found I've needed certain types of notebooks and not found them.  If anything, I'll get them printed for us to use which is such a neat thing about Amazon KDP.  

    I like to write but my writing is pretty boring and just me rambling on.  I'll stop now and go learn my childrens 😏


Comments

Popular Posts