Day 1 - Yoga Again

I did yoga tonight.  I haven't done yoga so very long.  Like a really long time.  I've been wanting to start yoga again.  It keeps coming up as something I want to do.  What stopped me?  I also meditated before starting and allowing my mind to wonder I realized I was afraid.  Afraid that I can't do yoga the way I used to.  Which I won't.  Also, afraid it will hurt.  Which it might.  Also concerned because I know that my kids will interrupt me.  Which they will.   All those fears are valid but also something I can overcome.  I may never be to the ability that I was 10 years ago and that is ok.  As I struggle with endometriosis, sometimes doing physical activity can be painful after and might cause need for a day of rest.  But really is that bad?  My kids will probably interrupt me but hopefully I can model care for your body and more healthy practices.  I hope I can help them understand that my time doing yoga is beneficial to not only me but the family.  Maybe they will want to join me.  

I did it anyway.  Even with the fears. 

I did a simple 10-minute yoga sequence for a larger body.  I'm already sore from almost falling so what is a little more.  It was a challenge.  It was significantly less than I used to be able to do.  I don't know if I have this super awesome "yeah I did it" feeling.  But I did it. I'm trying not to compare my abilities now to my abilities of the past.  

And I'm going to do it tomorrow and the next.  I want to do yoga for 10 days in a row.  I'm going to blog my thoughts through this for me to read at the end of the 10 days.  

Comments

Popular Posts